The 9 campus-wide Punjabi University has spread its wings to 12 constituent colleges, 65 research and teaching departments, and 6 regional centres. Every semester, examinations are held for the Faculty of Arts and Culture, Social Sciences, Languages, Life Sciences, Law, Medicine, Business Studies, Medicine, Computing Science, Physical Science, Information Science, Engineering, and many other branches. The Punjabi University results for the Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and PhD programmes are released on certain dates every year.
Recently, the university launched its own mobile app. On installing the official Punjabi University mobile app on Android, students and their parents can stay updated about the examination related details. The university publishes the notifications for results or exam dates on the app. This makes it easier for students to keep track of the important dates.
The result of any semester examination is released within 40 days from the last exam date. It could be for a supplementary exam or the main one. Scroll down to find out the method of checking your Punjabi University results online. However, the online result that you see is provisional. It cannot be used as the original mark sheet. In addition, if you have any doubts about the marks received in an exam, follow the revaluation procedure to get your paper rechecked. Subsequently, your college will provide the final hardcopy of the mark sheet.
How to Check Punjabi University Results
The Punjabi university conducts examinations for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses from March to April for the odd semesters. Similarly, they conduct the examination for the winter session (even semester) in between November to December. The results for these examinations are published by the university in the month of January and June respectively. Every year, over thousands of students, apply for the examinations and most of them come out with flying colours.
If you are one of the students waiting for your results, follow the steps in this section to check your Punjabi University results online.
- The university publishes the results for every examination on its official website. The official website of Punjabi University has different sections for Examinations, Admissions, and Result.
- On the homepage, locate the ‘Results’ tab and click on it. It will forward you to another webpage.
- Here, on the left side of the webpage, you will find a section that asks you to enter the name of your course. ‘Quick Result Search’ box filters out your result from the list of available ones.
- Click on your course name and enter your details i.e. your roll number.
- Press Enter on your keyboard to see your results.
- Take a printout of this provisional result for future reference.
In case of any discrepancy with the provisional result, you have the right to apply for revaluation. In this case, you will require a copy of your provisional result to submit with your revaluation application.
Details available in the Punjabi University result
Once you get your results after following the steps mentioned in the above section, cross-check if it has the following details mentioned in it.
- Your Roll Number
- Name of the University
- Complete Name of your Course
- Examination Month and Year
- Your Name
- Father’s Name
- Your mother’s Name
- Name of the subjects
- Course number
- Credits obtained
- Grade Score
- Current Credits
- Current Grade Point
- Semester Grade Point Average
- Previous Credits
- Previous Grade Points
- Total Credits
- Total Grade Points
- Status (Pass/Fail/Backlog)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Remarks (if any)
If the university types any of your personal details like Name, Father’s, or Mother’s name incorrectly on the provisional result, approach your college faculties and ask about the procedure for correction. The university could repeat any incorrect detail in the future exam mark sheets. To avoid this, ask your college to correct the details when you first see them on the provisional mark sheet.
Also, keep in mind that the Punjabi University results you see online are just provisional results. The college prints the final marks on the hardcopy of the mark sheet. Contact the respective gazette if there are any updates on the result. Punjabi University is not liable for the incorrect information (if any) provided on the provisional mark sheets.
The supplement or complementary exams conducted by the Punjabi University are for the students who couldn’t clear some of their subjects in the first attempt of the main examination. The university arranges the supplementary exam for the previous semester along with the other exams of the next semester. For example, if a student has to appear for a supplementary exam of Sem-I subject, he would have to appear for that exam along with the Sem-II subjects in the month of March or April.
Points to be noted
- If the university has not mentioned your marks for any subject in the corresponding section, it means that the status of that examination is Fail.
- Only when the university allots the mark and grade for the corresponding subject, will the student be deemed Pass.
- The students who pass this exam are eligible to apply for the next semester. Mark sheet for this examination will be provided by the college to such students after the Punjabi University results of revaluation are out.
- For the final semester results, the university only provides the Degree Certificate to the students completing their final semester without any backlog.
- Once the university declares the results, students are eligible to apply for Re-totalling of their marks for certain subjects. Under this process, the total marks of the subject that the student chooses will be re-totalled. In case of any changes, the teachers will mention the updated score in the final mark sheet of the Punjabi University result.
- The university does not take any charges for Re-totalling. The candidate should fill an application and mention the subjects that the university should re-total.
- Keep in mind, Re-totalling is not the same as revaluation. The teachers don’t check the subject papers during the process of re-totalling.
- In case the student wishes to apply for revaluation, the date for the submission of revaluation forms will be mentioned by their respective colleges.
- By paying a nominal amount as prescribed by the university, students can get their papers revaluated.
You may also like to know about Bright Academy Mohali – Review (Should you Join or Not?).